Breast & Gynecological Cancers
As one of the most prevalent issues affecting women’s health and quality of life, cancer remains a formidable opponent. In our unrelenting commitment to detection and treatment, White Plains Hospital provides comprehensive, compassionate and clinically superior care for women with breast issues, breast cancer and all gynecologic malignancies – including ovarian, uterine, endometrial and cervical cancer. Our dedicated Women’s Imaging Suite offers the most advanced state-of-art modalities for breast evaluation and pelvic diagnostics. From innovative treatments to cutting-edge technology, you’ll find exceptional care, every day at White Plains Hospital.
Women’s Imaging Center and Breast Imaging Center
White Plains offers two convenient locations dedicated solely to the radiological needs of women, providing:
-Screening of patients at high risk of breast cancer
-Evaluation of breast cancer patients before, during or after treatment
-Work up of lumps and other breast problems not adequately evaluated with mammography and ultrasound
-X-ray test that screens for breast cancer and evaluates breast problems
-Best weapon for early detection of breast cancer
-Used in addition to mammography to screen for breast cancer when a cancer would be hard to see on a mammogram
-Detailed images of the thyroid, abdomen and pelvis
-High resolution imaging of the breast used to evaluate breast cancer patients, especially when MRI is contraindicated or not tolerated.
Breast and Thyroid Biopsies
-Tissue samples removed and tested for cancer
-Thyroid biopsies are performed with ultrasound guidance
-Breast biopsies are performed with ultrasound, stereotactic (digital x-ray), MRI, and PEM guidance
For more information or an appointment, call Breast Imaging at White Plains Hospital, 914-681-2929 or our Rye-Brook Women's Imaging Center, 914-935-0011.
At the heart of our outstanding care is our expert team – the people who go above and beyond every day to provide the most advanced treatments possible, while remaining focused on the comfort and peace of mind of our patients.
Our exceptional team of clinicians includes:
- Nationally recognized physicians noted for:
- Breast conserving and reconstructive techniques (including leaders of organizations such as the American Society of Breast Surgeons)
- Minimally invasive, fertility-sparing pelvic surgery, including robotic hysterectomies
- Pathologists skilled in detection, diagnosis and staging of breast and gynecological cancer to assure the most appropriate, effective therapies
- Radiation and medical oncologists who collaborate to offer the latest treatments – including Xoft and Mammosite radiotherapy, and access to clinical trials
- Specially certified oncology nurses dedicated to providing expert, compassionate care
- Board Certified Radiologists – experts in their field
To learn more about our exceptional breast and gynecological care, contact us at 914.681.2701.